Recipe time again!! My Namaste Perfect Flour Blend is going to expire in a few months and I have a lot left..and I have plenty of coconut on hand as well as always having chocolate chips.
I found this recipe that appears to be from Nestle. I made a few adjustments on the ingredients. The original recipe was not gluten free but it seemed fine to adapt to gluten free with the right flour.
- 1 cup of Turbinado sugar.
- about 1 1/2 cups of Enjoy Life chocolate chips. (End of a bag of mini chips and then dark chocolate morsels)
- 4 tablespoons of half and half because I wanted a little more moisture in the dough (It was the dairy I had open. I’ll use milk next time.)
- about 1/2-1/3 cup of Trader Joe’s roasted coconut. (I think any coconut is probably fine and shredded might work better. I used the coconut I had that wasn’t as dry either.)
- and just to be obvious – 1 /2 cups of Namaste Perfect Flour Blend. (The cookie mix is probably good too.)
- The recipe says “Until the center sets.” I went until the edge started to brown which was a little longer than the recommended time.
- It might work better in a 9×13 pan instead of an 8×11 pan.
- I cut out a small chunk to taste when it was still warm. I think it’s probably better if you wait until it’s completely cool to cut/serve.