Those are three pieces of mobile electronic devices I need/want.
My oldish Samsung mp3 player got dropped and the battery shows from behind the speaker. My Blackjack (first gen!) is soon eligible for upgrade. I’ve discovered I want an electronic dictionary for school. Money is an issue.
Cell phone requirements:
1. left hand friendly touch screen
2. decent to good web browsing
3. some customization – my own ‘home screen’ picture and my own ring tones
4. GOOD battery life – my blackjack can go 2 days without a charge, definitely charge it if I spent a lot of the day texting (and I have unlimited texting plan)
5. things I don’t need – cell phone is not for work so I don’t have requirements like a good exchange server platform for emails
6. reliably able to check GMAIL
7. not too heavy. the htc fuze is a smidge on the heavy side
8. have at&t. want to keep family plan.
9. almost forgot. qwerty keyboard. I’m not sure a physical keyboard is necessary.
mp3 player requirements:
1. ogg support – in some way
2. 8 GB minimum
3. the less proprietary the better
4. no stupid software
5. battery life!
6. easy to carry in my pocket/similar
1. more is better, need like college level
2. don’t need translator
All that being said…
Will an iphone (which I’m not sure I want) fulfill all my requirements and save me money?